It is important to Lingraphica that all clients are fully informed and satisfied with their Lingraphica
For clients who have a diagnosis that may impact movement of their upper extremities, Lingraphica wants
to ensure that an informed decision is made when electing to purchase a Lingraphica device.
Lingraphica devices do not support alternative accessories such as eye gaze, switch scanning or lower
body access methods. These accessories are often desired if/when access to the device is not obtainable
due to inability to use hands/arms for activating communication devices.
Although these accessories are available on devices made by other manufacturers, such as Tobii
Dynavox, it is not uncommon for clients to choose Lingraphica devices due to their simplicity, user-friendly
interface, and portability. Clients who are not able to activate the device with their upper extremities may
use communication partner scanning for access to the device.
If diagnosis is ALS, many ALS Foundation chapters have a lending library. If a client/SLP is selecting to
purchase a Lingraphica device and may need alternate access methods in the future, it is recommended
that they call the local ALS Foundation to see if there are devices with eye gaze accessories available for
This acknowledgment is assurance that the client purchasing the device has been informed of the
- Lingraphica devices support standard mouse/keyboard, trackball mouse and the following stylus
variations: ball grip, t-grip, flexible, flexible with strap, weighted and extended.
- Medicare and most insurances will only purchase one (1) communication device every five (5)
years for beneficiaries.
- Tobii Dynavox, PRC, Control Bionics and other vendors support alternate input devices, and the
client has been encouraged to explore that option.
- Communication devices may not be returned to Lingraphica if access with upper extremities
- Lingraphica will provide support for learning communication partner scanning if the client cannot
access the device with their upper extremities.